If you're a hip-hop fan and looking for something different instead of the mundane materialist vibe most hip-hop artist are churning out check out
WRECK THE SYSTEM
The taking the Nerdcore genre to new places you haven't seen before.They mix the classic Nerdcore motifs with old and new school hip-hop beats.Wreck The System are a coalition of different artists with the main features being:
The artists have performed at MAGfest and are constantly on the move.Follow them subscribe to them these guys you'll be hearing more from really soon as they take over the internet with their new style of hip-hop.
Do The Roar - Osiris Green ft. Mega Ran, Twill Distilled, LadyJ (Official Video)
Their talents doesn't end with just hip hop they are also in the realm of music production with WRECK THE SYSTEM RECORDINGS offering services like recording mixing and mastering with high end equipment.I managed to get an interview with these guys.
- Where are you guys from?
"Washington, DC Area"
- What drew you guys towards this genre?
Twill - All the hot cosplay bitches, YTCracker, and hacker music.
LadyJ - The Crossover appeal of the culture that can be shared with the entire world
Cam3 - The fact that it is music about me.
DJ Mutiny - LadyJ
* Osiris Green - The creativity and limitless potential of the art.
- How long have you been making music together?
"9 Months or 3 trimesters, we just about to pop!"
- Who are your influences?
"The Millionaires, Eminem, The Alchemist, Tech N9ne, Boyz Noise"
- Top artists you are fans of?
"Ludacris, Lady Gaga, Linkin Park, Die Antwoord, Outkast"
- What is the future of Wreck The System?
"What we do every night Pinky, try to take over the WORLD!"
- What do you guys do for fun?
"Drink, Video Games, make music, headshots, cooking, IRC, and imitating each other sarcastically."
- There seems to be a divide in the hip-hop community on the current state of modern hiphop some say its sounds stale,generic on the other hand there are a lot more new artists and groups on the up and up and breaking into the mainstream more than ever what do you guys think?
"Mainstream hip-hop has become stagnant in it’s creativity, which on a positive note has forced people to look outside of the regular outlets to find talented artists that have genuine skills Thus beginning to bring these individuals to the forefront, which will eventually help hip-hop to progress in better direction."
- What project are you most proud of?
- Where can we find your work? (facebook,twitter,etc)
"Bandcamp, Spotify, Soundcloud, Itunes, Youtube"